Primary hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00, however must be available for on-call duties for evenings and weekends to meet operational requirements.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general building, pool and property maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will maintain various pieces of equipment, and provide assistance as directed in the maintenance department. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform building construction, renovation and preventative maintenance in residence
- Perform minor repairs on plumbing and fixtures
- Complete ground maintenance
- Maintains accurate records of all equipment – including inventory and repair history
- Snow removal, sanding, and keeps sidewalks and road, free of debris on an ongoing basis
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Blend paint to desired colour and texture
- Working on ladders
- Apply paint to interior and exterior surfaces
- Participates in Occupational Health & Safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED, completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Technician experience.
- A diploma or degree in power engineering, mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance or engineering
- Building trades certificate or equivalent desirable.
- Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 600v system and equipment.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to provide a clean abstract.
- Able to provide a clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate integrity in all actions, support Lifestyle Options management and philosophies
- Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office outlook, excel, and word.
- On call duties are required for evenings and weekends
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.