We are currently recruiting for a full-time, contract Housekeeper for our Terra Losa location.
The Housekeeper performs cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas. He/she obtains a list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs or discharges in order to prepare work assignments. This position must provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) as outlined for housekeeping department.
- Clean assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Clean floors with dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, waxes, buffs, disinfects where and when necessary.
- Perform emergency housekeeping when accidents occur.
- Clean movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures: Dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required. This includes the cleaning of ledges, shelves, vents, etc.
- Empty and clean garbage and wastebaskets.
- Straighten or rearrange furniture as directed.
- Clean bathroom and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls.
- Wash windows and mirrors.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Clean walls, windows, doors, and ceilings: Spot clean between washings, washes, disinfect when necessary. Walls and ceilings and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
- Clean entrances and exits: Clean as directed above for floors and walls.
- Clean all horizontal surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt, or greasy film, using disinfectants where necessary such as in resident care areas.
- Perform terminal cleaning duties according to established in resident rooms when resident has been discharged or transferred, and prepares room for new occupant.
- Perform cleaning duties in isolation units when resident is transferred, according to established procedure.
- Remove for cleaning and re-hangs curtains, drapes, and dividers.
- Change light bulbs.
- Water flowers.
- Send soiled linens to laundry.
- Report observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctioning to Manager.
- Report supply and equipment needs to Manager of Housekeeping for replenishing.
- Maintain equipment used in performing duties.
- Operate various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Must clean up human waste and other body fluids, as required.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA,
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Experience with housekeeping and/or senior living facilities preferred.
- Any satisfactory combination of education, training, experience, or abilities in a related field.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
- Ability to follow oral directions.
- Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with little supervision.
- Strenuous physical activity involved (walking, standing, lifting).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds; stretch arms above head; bend to clean under furniture.
- On feet most of workday.
- Pushes, pulls, lifts, cleaning equipment and supplies.
- May stand on chair or small stepladder to reach high places.
- Exposed irregularly to infection when entering resident rooms.
- Subject to heavy dust, housekeeping and disinfecting solutions.
- Exposures to infectious diseases are possible.
- Work in damp, dusty and dirty areas.