Primary hours are various shifts between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, 7 days per week.
The Dining Room Supervisor is responsible for planning and overseeing the Lifestyle Options Dining Room department to facilitate the delivery of high quality food and beverages and exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the supervising of all the areas of the dining room, on a day to day basis
- Monitor the activities of all Serving personal and give instruction or advice, as needed
- Ensure proper training of new staff
- Ensure that dining room staff is well groomed, properly attired and efficient
- If employees are unable to work, supervisor may have to call in alternatives to cover for them or fill in themselves, when needed.
- Co-ordinate the set-up of the dining room meal service.
- Locate, calmly and quickly eliminate potential guest problems and dissatisfactions. Listen to the concerns and suggestions of the residents and guests and pass them to the site manager or Head Chef.
- Greeting, serving and assisting the residents and guests with their food service requirements
- Taking orders and serving food to the tables
- Bring immediate problems with the food to the attention of the cook or Head Chef.
- Dividing the work into specific tasks and assigning those tasks amongst the dining room staff. Observing the staff, be sure the tasks are preformed according to instructions
- Informing the site Manager of any concerns regarding residents, equipment maintenance, safety issues or any other of which may affect the safety and integrity of the facility of the client/staff well being
- Performed a variety of administrative assignments, such as preparing timesheets for payroll department
- Maintains dining room ambiance by inspecting and monitoring serving stations, floors and seating
- Work with Head Chef and Executive Chef to improve co-ordination between Dining Room and Kitchen. Have regular meetings as a group with the kitchen
- Prepare staff schedule.
- Room charges calculated and submitted to Admin Assistant on the 15th of each month.
- Cash income calculated and submitted with receipts to Admin Assistant on the 30th of each month.
- Orientation /greet new residents.
- Follow OHS Regulations/ Report related concerns/ Assist with Hazard Assessments.
- Support all departments to ensure ongoing OHS training, reporting and assessments are implemented and maintained.
- Set up bookings for Private dining room and Amenity room functions that require food services.
- Knowledge of special diets and preparation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Min of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role relating to food services.
- Banquet knowledge.
- Past experience working in a senior’s environment an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, prioritizing duties
- Independently solve daily issues
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and non-verbal and written required
- Demonstrate integrity in all actions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & discretion, professional ethics
- Ability to empathize with seniors
- Ability to function independently or within a team
- Ability to provide leadership and be a role model to staff
- Demonstrate integrity in all actions, support LSO management and philosophies
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
- On feet most of workday.
- Pushes, pulls, lifts, dining equipment and supplies.
- Shift work, including evenings and weekends