Primary hours are various shifts between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, 7 days per week.
The Head Server will be responsible for providing high-levels of customer service to all dining residents and guests by providing prompt and courteous customer service and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all daily menu items and specials. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, training new staff, and complying with all dining and kitchen policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinates the set-up of the dining Room for breakfast/dinner service.
- Greeting, serving and assisting the clients and/or guests with their food service requirements.
- Take dinner and/or private room booking for the clients – set up and cleanup of the areas used. Taking orders and serving the food to the clients at their table.
- Dividing the work into specific tasks and assigning those tasks among the Dining Room staff.
- Observing the Servers and Dining Room Attendants to be sure tasks are performed according to instructions.
- Ensuring the work is completed and meets standards set by management. (See Policy and Procedure Manual).
- Informing the Dining Room Supervisor of any concerns regarding the clients, equipment, maintenance, safety issues or any other of which may affect the safety and integrity of the facility or the client’s/staff’s well being.
- Responsible for opening/closing the Dining Room/Kitchen (pm. looks after locking up the store and the Private Dining Room).
- Assist the Dining Room Supervisor with training new staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in a high volume restaurant or commercial food service setting.
- Able to effectively communicate and fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
- Able to demonstrate strong customer service.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
- On feet most of workday.
- Pushes, pulls, lifts, dining equipment and supplies.
- Shift work, including evenings and weekends