We are currently recruiting for a full-time Site Administrator for our Whitemud site. Shifts will primarily be Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The Administrator will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including secretarial and relief receptionist duties. Additional responsibilities include invoicing rent, collecting rent payments, prepare move-in/move out paperwork, tracking resident information, taking minutes during meetings and scheduling appointments for all departmental supervisors. The Administrator is also accountable for drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive correspondence sent by the management team. Communicates with potential residents and/or their families regarding suite availability, amenities, and options. Conduct tours with potential residents and/or their families and co-completes lease signings with approved applicants, as applicable. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides administrative support to all departmental members.
- Performs basic bookkeeping functions.
- Facilitates all payments and paperwork in related to resident living.
- Completes and reviews expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
- Reviews and prepares all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the management team.
- Courteously receives and screens all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
- Coordinates departmental office activities.
- Reviews, evaluates and distributes all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists with report and presentation preparation.
- Takes and transcribes dictation notes and meeting minutes.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Communicates with families regarding suite availability, options, and amenities and actively promotes Lifestyle Options as a great place to live – a place that is “more than a home.”
- Provides scheduled tours to potential residents/resident families, as applicable.
- Co-completes lease signings with approved applicants, as applicable.
- Tracks suite leasing and marketing information such as why people are moving out, how people first heard about Lifestyle Options, and reasons why signed or declined signing a lease.
- Maintains a professional image and friendly demeanor with all employees, management, executives, residents, and visitors at all times.
- Maintains and monitors office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Prepares documentation and book space for meetings, etc. with a keen attention to detail, where necessary.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma required.
- Business Administration degree or diploma considered an asset.
- 5-7 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, considered an asset.
- Experience in accounting and accounts payable would be considered an asset.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office is a requirement (including Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit reliability, punctuality, and professionalism.
- A sincere desire and ability to work with seniors and community housing clients.
- Ability to work independently and with other members of the team.
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check a requirement.
- Busy office setting.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with a senior demographic and the public at large.
- Ability to conduct and attend presentations.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime may be required.