The Comfort Care Aide, following their paid training, will be responsible for assisting the Care Team with socialization and support to individuals living with dementia and medical conditions care needs to live well and safe. Comfort Care Aides will be trained on all protocols they are required to follow.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Health Care Aide (HCA) or other related discipline Student Trainee.
- Comfort Care Aide Certificate (training provided and certificate issued).
- Previous experience working with seniors and/or a strong desire to support seniors.
- Able to effectively communicate and fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
- Able to demonstrate strong customer service.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector).
- Strenuous physical activity involved (walking, standing, lifting).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- On feet most of workday.
- Exposed irregularly to infection when entering resident rooms.
- Exposures to infectious diseases are possible.