The Activities Assistant supports the Recreation department in the delivery and implementation of recreation and leisure programs for our residents.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizes and leads recreation and leisure programs that are suitable and enjoyable to the resident needs as identified by the Supervisor.
- Assists with planning and facilitating/attending outings and special events.
- Sets up for programs/special events.
- Seasonal set up/removal and inventory of site decorations.
- Supports Recreation Department to ensure financial aspects of Recreation activities/events are accurately monitored, collected, etc.
- Display a positive and professional demeanor in representing the recreation department for the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience in recreation/activities coordination working with seniors in a similar setting is required.
- Current CPR and First AID Certification.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence (use of perception and understanding of the resident and families ‘emotions as well as one’s emotions to manage situations towards the goal of effective resident care).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work and multi-task.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Must be flexible with schedule with ability and interest to work evenings and weekends.
- Works in activity rooms and other common areas
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors to lead activities
- Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves continually during working hours
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds, push wheel chairs, transport and support residents
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
- Travel for outings may be required
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Some evenings and weekends required.
- Additional hours and/or overtime as required.