Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities prides itself on hiring talented individuals who are dedicated to their profession and share our common goal to work together to provide quality homes with exceptional value to our customers. Lifestyle Options offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. Join the Lifestyle Options family today!
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to oversee the strategic direction and leadership for the overall maintenance operations for all buildings in our portfolio.
This position will be based out of our Corporate Head Office.
This role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development and directions of maintenance teams to drive the growth of revenue, technical productivity and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations.
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Results Orientation
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Development and Continual Learning
- Establishes the overall vision and direction for the implementation of the internal maintenance operations.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Plan, schedule and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, remodeling and construction projects.
- Manage the maintenance staff, ensuring that all requisite tasks are completed safely and efficiently.
- Provide support and expert opinion to subordinates and to management as needed.
- Ensure that all compliance procedures are in place and all safety procedures are followed to avoid any accidents or incidents.
- Ensure that safety is made a priority and that employees and managers are abiding by all electrical and Health and Safety regulations.
- Provide planning and forecasting to allow for the adequate approvals for the departments under their control.
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
- Oversee the leasing of space in the properties.
- Coordinate the cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management of maintenance staff
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Manage the morale in the department by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department
- Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
- Handle Customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from the departments
- Measure and monitor key customer service areas
- Examines reports (e.g., inventory, sales and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.
- Attend various meetings as required.
- Direct work activities of office, clerical, grounds and maintenance staff.
- Develop work schedules, assign work, and monitor progress.
- Supervise and provide advice, support, guidance, and direction to staff
- Monitor the performance of staff on an on-going basis, conduct annual performance reviews, discipline, and terminate staff as required.
- Train new staff.
- Preparation of capital plan in consultation with Operations Manager
- Organize invoices and accounts payable
- Ensure staff compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable
- Perform inspections of each building in portfolio annually
- Performs other duties as required
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree required, preferably in power engineering or a related field.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in a similar position required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a managerial or supervisor capacity.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and provide a clean driving abstract.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Strong background in building and housing maintenance and repairs.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Knowledge of financial practices and accounting procedures.
- Understanding of contract negotiations, methods and legal procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Interact with executives, management, employees and the general public.
- Ability to attend and conduct meetings.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- On call duties required.
- Travel will be required.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physical ability to left up to 75 lbs.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
- Health Benefits
- Company Matching RRSPs
- Free employee buffet lunch monthly
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities are locally owned and its mandate is to operate quality, affordable seniors’ retirement buildings. Lifestyle Options takes tremendous pride in operating supportive retirement communities with professional staff that foster healthy ageing and focus on the needs of each individual.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Project Coordinator.
The IT Project Coordinator facilitates Lifestyle Options use of computer hardware, software, networks and related technology to achieve effective solutions. He/she will be responsible for planning, executing, and implementing new computer systems for the company and become the point-person and expert for the new systems. He/she also maintains existing systems by monitoring them, responding to problems and performing preventive maintenance. This position focuses on coordinating details to ensure the implementation, support and services are provided with attention to detail and ensuring appropriate levels of materials are maintained.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Design, implement, and supervise the implementation of all new system installations, expansions, modifications, etc.
- Coordinate the installation and maintenance of new hardware and software systems.
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular project meetings.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Provides maintenance and troubleshooting services internally on implemented software and hardware.
- Conduct post project analyses in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Act as the primary contact regarding software support, software management issues and reporting capabilities.
- Files and archives all IT related documents (i.e. requisitions, software licenses, software locations, etc.).
- Assists in the documentation of all policies and procedures related to disaster recovery and keeps information current.
- Assists in the training of new software as new releases become available or new software is purchased.
- Plan, recommend, and implement technology projects.
- Monitor systems, respond to emergencies, and pre-empt problems.
- Ensure information regarding data support, quality and management is distributed to all relevant staff in all departments.
- Disseminate reports and data analysis to relevant staff members, senior management.
- Communicate issues with system-wide implication to the appropriate internal contacts.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in IT required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT projects
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Yardi Property Management System required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract required.
- Required to provide a current and clear Criminal Record Check (with vulnerable sector).
- Experience managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle is beneficial
- Previous experience with Advanced Tracker, CanPay and Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Strong knowledge and proficient in use of various technology and software systems
- Organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented and be able to work well independently as well as within a team.
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Background in technical support with emphasis on problem resolution. Ability to effectively communicate with users and troubleshoot problems offering optimal solutions.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks.
- Aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies as they emerge.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Full Time
- Monday – Friday Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Comprehensive compensation package, including benefits and company matching RRSP included.
To apply, please submit resume to email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will contacted.
Lifestyle Options, a leader in supportive living facilities, is growing rapidly and is looking for a Full Time Clinical Director.
The Clinical Director is responsible for the clinical training and supervision of LSO Clinical Staff. The Clinical Director also acts as the compliance officer to ensure clinical practice follows all regulatory and provincial standards and mandates and serves as the organization’s Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Lead. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: conduct applicable clinical trainings for staff; liaisons with Alberta Health Services Operations Manager regarding care issues and concerns, and implementation of clinical policies and procedures; chairing the Medication and Clinical Advisory Committee and ensuring smooth and coordinated response to clinical issues and concerns as well as keeping the General Manager informed of all clinical operations and program issues.
- Provides clinical support and consultancy to the Directors of Care in complex clinical issues and resident care concerns
- Assists the Director of Care in carrying out clinical supervisory responsibilities in accordance with LSO policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Collaborates with the LSO Senior Management Team about utilization of resources for clinical purposes (clinical equipment, education resources, research and grant proposals, and others)
- Provides regular individual and group coaching sessions and supervision to staff when it comes to clinical practice.
- Provides training on clinical supervision to staff who provide supervision (team leads).
- Meets with the Director of Care and Team Leads monthly to discuss clinical and care concerns.
- Analyzes data from quality indicators and incident reporting and collaborates with the Quality and Risk Manager in using this data towards quality.
- Serves as the organization’s Infection Prevention & Control Designate and provide consultation to LSO’s site Infection Control Designates for IPC issues and Outbreak Management.
- Participates in internal and external clinical and quality meetings as well as various task committees as needed.
- Attends AHS Site Monthly meetings on behalf of Lifestyle Options.
- Oversees chart audits of a minimum of 10% of resident charts monthly and reports findings to the Quality and Risk Manager.
- Conducts clinical training in the context of the Continuing Care Health Service Standards.
- LSO policy and procedure implementation, and as needed clinical education recommended from surveys and audits, and any relevant regulations/standards concerning clinical practice.
- Current registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation and/ or retirement living.
- Experience in Infection Prevention and Control Management (or related training and experience)
- Experience or related education in Project and Change Management, Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- At least 3-5 years of clinical education/adult education experience.
- Sound knowledge of best practice standards and evidenced-based clinical practice
- Knowledgeable of the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Delivers, practices, and role-models person-centered care and treats residents and families as equal partners in the planning of care and respects and upholds their opinions.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence (use of perception and understanding of the resident and families ‘emotions as well as one’s emotions to manage situations towards the goal of effective resident care).
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Must express initiative, good judgement and foster a positive work atmosphere.
- Current CPR and First AID Certification
- Understanding of the Alberta Supportive Living Model of Care
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Possesses a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation skills
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors and external healthcare professionals (physician, EMS, etc.)
- Overtime as required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting patients.
- On feet most of workday.
- Benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Company Matching RRSP program
- Free employee buffet lunch monthly
- Free parking (above and underground heated, depending on location)
We would like to thank all applicants; however due to the large volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Type: Full-time