Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities prides itself on hiring talented individuals who are dedicated to their profession and share our common goal to work together to provide quality homes with exceptional value to our customers. Lifestyle Options offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. Join the Lifestyle Options family today!
1) Clinical Lead/Educator, Lifestyle Options, Full time, Edmonton, AB
Lifestyle Options, a leader in supportive living facilities, is growing rapidly and is looking for a Full Time Clinical Director.
The Clinical Director is responsible for the clinical training and supervision of Lifestyle Options (LSO) Clinical Staff. The Clinical Director also acts as the compliance officer to ensure clinical practice follows all regulatory and provincial standards and mandates and serves as the organization’s Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Lead. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: conduct applicable clinical training for staff; liaisons with Alberta Health Services Operations Manager regarding care issues and concerns, and implementation of clinical policies and procedures; chairing the Medication and Clinical Advisory Committee and ensuring smooth and coordinated response to clinical issues and concerns as well as keeping the General Manager informed of all clinical operations and program issues.
- Provides clinical support and consultancy to the Directors of Care in complex clinical issues and resident care concerns
- Assists the Director of Care in carrying out clinical supervisory responsibilities in accordance with LSO policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Collaborates with the LSO Senior Management Team about utilization of resources for clinical purposes (clinical equipment, education resources, research and grant proposals, and others)
- Provides regular individual and group coaching sessions and supervision to staff when it comes to clinical practice.
- Provides training on clinical supervision to staff who provide supervision (team leads).
- Meets with the Director of Care and Team Leads monthly to discuss clinical and care concerns.
- Analyzes data from quality indicators and incident reporting and collaborates with the Quality and Risk Manager in using this data towards quality.
- Serves as the organization’s Infection Prevention & Control Designate and provide consultation to LSO’s site Infection Control Designates for IPC issues and Outbreak Management.
- Participates in internal and external clinical and quality meetings as well as various task committees as needed.
- Attends AHS Site Monthly meetings on behalf of Lifestyle Options.
- Oversees chart audits of a minimum of 10% of resident charts monthly and reports findings to the Quality and Risk Manager.
- Conducts clinical training in the context of the Continuing Care Health Service Standards.
- LSO policy and procedure implementation, and as needed clinical education recommended from surveys and audits, and any relevant regulations/standards concerning clinical practice.
- Current registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation and/ or retirement living.
- Experience in Infection Prevention and Control Management (or related training and experience)
- Experience or related education in Project and Change Management, Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- At least 3-5 years of clinical education/adult education experience.
- Sound knowledge of best practice standards and evidenced-based clinical practice
- Knowledgeable of the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Delivers, practices, and role-models person-centered care and treats residents and families as equal partners in the planning of care and respects and upholds their opinions.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence (use of perception and understanding of the resident and families ‘emotions as well as one’s emotions to manage situations towards the goal of effective resident care).
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Must express initiative, good judgement and foster a positive work atmosphere.
- Current CPR and First AID Certification
- Understanding of the Alberta Supportive Living Model of Care
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Possesses a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation skills
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors and external healthcare professionals (physician, EMS, etc.)
- Overtime as required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting patients.
- On feet most of workday.
- Benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Company Matching RRSP program
- Free employee buffet lunch monthly
- Free parking (above and underground heated, depending on location)
We would like to thank all applicants; however due to the large volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please submit resume to email@example.com. Job Type: Full-time
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will contacted.