Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities prides itself on hiring talented individuals who are dedicated to their profession and share our common goal to work together to provide quality homes with exceptional value to our customers. Lifestyle Options offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. Join the Lifestyle Options family today!
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to oversee the strategic direction and leadership for the overall maintenance operations for all buildings in our portfolio.
This position will be based out of our Corporate Head Office.
This role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development and directions of maintenance teams to drive the growth of revenue, technical productivity and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations.
· Adaptability/ Flexibility
· Creative and Innovative Thinking
· Decision Making and Judgment
· Planning and Organizing
· Problem Solving
· Coaching and Mentoring
· Staff Management
· Customer Focus
· Team Work
· Problem Solving
· Accountability and Dependability
· Ethics and Integrity
· Results Orientation
· Mediating and Negotiating
· Development and Continual Learning
· Establishes the overall vision and direction for the implementation of the internal maintenance operations.
· Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance
· Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
· Plan, schedule and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, remodeling and construction projects.
· Manage the maintenance staff, ensuring that all requisite tasks are completed safely and efficiently.
· Provide support and expert opinion to subordinates and to management as needed.
· Ensure that all compliance procedures are in place and all safety procedures are followed to avoid any accidents or incidents.
· Ensure that safety is made a priority and that employees and managers are abiding by all electrical and Health and Safety regulations.
· Provide planning and forecasting to allow for the adequate approvals for the departments under their control.
· Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments
· Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department
· Attend meetings as required.
· Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
· Oversee the leasing of space in the properties.
· Coordinate the cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations.
· Participate in recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management of maintenance staff
· Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
· Manage the morale in the department by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
· Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department
· Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
· Handle Customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from the departments
· Measure and monitor key customer service areas
· Examines reports (e.g., inventory, sales and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.
· Attend various meetings as required.
· Direct work activities of office, clerical, grounds and maintenance staff.
· Develop work schedules, assign work, and monitor progress.
· Supervise and provide advice, support, guidance, and direction to staff
· Monitor the performance of staff on an on-going basis, conduct annual performance reviews, discipline, and terminate staff as required.
· Train new staff.
· Preparation of capital plan in consultation with Operations Manager
· Organize invoices and accounts payable
· Ensure staff compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable
· Perform inspections of each building in portfolio annually
· Performs other duties as required
· Post-Secondary diploma or degree required, preferably in power engineering or a related field.
· Eight (8) years’ experience in a similar position required
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a managerial or supervisor capacity.
· Must possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and provide a clean driving abstract.
· Must be able to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector.
· Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
· Strong background in building and housing maintenance and repairs.
· Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
· Knowledge of financial practices and accounting procedures.
· Understanding of contract negotiations, methods and legal procedures.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to create alternative solutions to problems
· Excellent time management and project management skills
· Highly motivated and able to work independently.
· Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
· A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
· High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
· A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
· First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
· Interact with executives, management, employees and the general public.
· Ability to attend and conduct meetings.
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
· Overtime as required.
· On call duties required.
· Travel will be required.
· 24/7 availability may be required.
· Physical ability to left up to 75 lbs.
· Work both indoors and outdoors.
· Will be exposed to construction sites.
· Health Benefits
· Company Matching RRSPs
· Free employee buffet lunch monthly
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.